We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
At Embrun Veterinary Hospital, we have a digital x-ray machine, which means the x-rays come up on a computer as opposed to a film that needs to be developed and stored. This method delivers immediate results, which decreases the amount of time your dog spends on the x-ray table.
How do you use X-ray and radiology services at your hospital?
X-rays are used as a method of diagnosis as per the recommendation of a veterinarian. For most x-rays, your dog will be placed on the x-ray table and positioned either on their side, stomach or back depending on the view needed, with our technicians ensuring their safety throughout. We usually do these procedures while the patient is awake, but in some cases, a sedative is needed.
How much does a dog X-ray exam cost?
The cost will vary based on the number of views the doctor needs and whether sedation is required. An estimate is always prepared and presented to the pet owner for their consent before we proceed.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613.443.5459. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Embrun Veterinary Hospital